From Rio to Canggu, through Ibiza and Bora Bora, men these days are making boardshorts a must have style in their holiday wear. And this year’s trends are showing popping colors and tropical prints that suit an island setting. Staying in this trend, we’ve got a few tips on how you can pick the right shorts for your next holiday!
The do’s :
- Be playful with bright or contrasted colours
- Get the tropical vibes by picking exotic flowers, palm inspired and jungle leaf prints
- Stay traditional: pick a traditional shape board short
- Be trendy with a short a little bit smaller in length than usual. Just above the knee works better than below!
- Make sure you feel comfortable with the fabric you’re wearing.
- Wear you boardshorts by the pool, on your way to the beach, at the beach, while swimming, surfing, snorkelling…
The dont’s :
- Avoid boardshorts that are too long! It will make you look quite short and stocky
- Don’t choose an oversized boardshort if you are quite tall and thin, or you would look even thinner!
- Avoid combining Hawaiian print shirts with your boardshorts unless your goal is to look like the stereotypical tourist!
- With the exception of being a lifeguard or surfer, never wear your boardshorts at a job interview, fancy restaurant, or night club! This is common sense but you will be surprised to see that some guys will do it!
Ready to shop for some new boardshorts? Head over to our online store and pick something that suits you!